Home|Security Tips for Online Users
Dear our Valued Customer,
Below are ways in order to protect customer's data and information against identity theft through Internet. Citibank never asks for your confidential account information in an unsecured platform like an email. Be alert of any e-mail asking you to provide account-related information, like your account number / card number or PIN.
Do not use Public or Shared Computers. You are responsible for keeping your PIN confidential. You should not use public or shared computers such as those in Internet Cafes for Internet banking; you may be open to harmful programs that could capture your personal information.
Beware Of Scam Emails. If you receive an e-mail asking you to visit a Citibank website and to provide your account related information, verify that the web page is both secure and that it belongs to Citibank, by assuring the following steps:
- You should see an image of a "pad-lock" in a locked position at the bottom of your browser window.
- Double click on the pad-lock symbol, then a digital certificate should appear which says "Issued to: xxxxxxxx.citibank.co.id" After you are assured that the website is secured and legitimately belong to Citibank, you may enter your account number / card number as well as PIN to do your online transactions.
- Do not open email attachments from strangers or install software or run programs of an unknown origin.
To help further protect yourself against credit card fraud in general, Citibank suggests the following:
- Keep your PIN private and do not share this with anyone, particularly on written correspondence such as email or letters.
- Don't give your account number over the phone unless you know the company and you made the call.
- To transact online on the Citibank website, always enter the full URL (www.citibank.co.id) into your browser address bar.
- Click log out when you have finished your banking session. Do not just close your browser window.
- If you receive an email that warns you that your Citibank account will be closed unless you reconfirm your personal information, please do not reply or click on the link in the email. Instead type in the actual Citibank URL (www.citibank.co.id) into your browser.
- Review credit card and bank account statements as soon as you receive them to determine whether there are any unauthorized charges.
- Check your accounts on a regular basis and contact Citibank immediately at our 24-hour CitiPhone Banking should you encounter any difficulties or irregularities.
- Make sure your home computer has the most current anti-virus software. Anti-virus software needs frequent updates to guard against new viruses. Make sure you download the anti-virus updates as soon as you are notified that a download is available.
- Do take the necessary precautions and always be on the alert for any suspicious e-mail asking for your personal account information. And never reveal your account information or PIN to anyone!
- If you have any query on any email received from Citibank or if you believe that someone is trying to commit fraud by pretending to be a Citigroup business, please contact 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking immediately at (021) 252-9999 from your mobile phone or (021) 252-9999.
Citibank now presents Transaction Activation Code (TAC), an additional security feature for fund transfer to third party via Citibank Online.
TAC is a 6 digit code to activate Fund Recipient that is just added in Citibank Online. You only need to activate fund recipient once.
After receiving TAC, you can activate the new Fund Recipient via Citibank Online in "Transfers & Payments" at "Activate Payee" sub menu.
TAC is needed to activate Fund Recipient :
Citibank customer in Indonesia
Dollar Fund Recipient in other banks in Indonesia
Citibank customers in other countries (Citibank Global Transfer)
Other bank's customer in foreign currency - telegraphic transfer
TAC can be received through :
24-Hour CitiPhone® Banking at or (021) 252 9999 detail
Email, to registered email address in Citibank system
TIPS to secure Your PIN - Credit Card PIN
Always make sure that you memorize both your PINs, as soon as you receive them. It will help to protect your credit card's information. Both PINs are provided so that you can access some information on your Citibank Credit Card.
Telephone PIN can be used when you access our 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking. Call directly from your mobile (021) 252 9999 to get information on:
- Balance inquiry
- Minimum payment
- Payment due date
- Last payment received
- Rewards Points, etc.
ATM PIN can be used to access Citibank ATMs, all ATMs that display any of the logos shown behind your Credit Card, or Citibank Online at www.citibank.co.id for information / services / transactions such as:
- Balance inquiry
- Cash advance in Indonesia or abroad
For your convenience, both PINs will be sent to you by mail. If you would like to change or get a new PIN, you can choose from the following 3 easy services:
- Citibank Online at www.citibank.co.id
- Citibank Offices
- 24-Hour CitiPhone® Banking (021) 252-9999 from your mobile phone (no area code, nationwide) or (021) 252 9999